We all need to find fun ways to exercise and keep moving. All while doing our part to stay safe during this pandemic. Read on to learn 4 fun ways to exercise without a gym.
*Disclaimer – it is recommended to consult your physician before adding any of the below workouts to your schedule.
Running Outside – Fun no Gym Exercise #1
No gym needed here. If you are already a runner, then you know what to do. But if you are like many other people and are pondering how to start a running program. But you’re not sure how or even what fitness level you are. Then we have the perfect fun exercise routine for you. Start by choosing 3 days out of your week that fit into your schedule.
Run at a conversational pace.
- 5-minute warm-up–Brisk walk
- Alternate 1 minute of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes
- 5-minute cooldown–walk
- Stretch–(you can find stretches online here)
Skipping – Fun no Gym Exercise #2
Fun exercise #2 is skipping. One of the best exercises to burn calories fast. You don’t need a gym for this form of exercise. Any space will suffice. If you haven’t skipped since you were a child and don’t remember how. Don’t worry, follow the beginner skipping workout below to get started.
- Set a timer and skip for 30 seconds then walk on the spot for 30 seconds
- Repeat this schedule for 10 minutes.
- Once you can complete this time frame and you feel you can add more skipping time, then set your timer for 45 seconds. Keeping the rest period at 30 seconds for 10 minutes.
- As you become fitter, you can add more time to the skipping part. Or to the length of the workout.
Walking – Fun no Gym Exercise #3
Walking is one of the best workouts if you have an injury and the above workouts won’t work for you. Or if you don’t want to put that much pressure on your joints. The benefits of a daily walking routine are fantastic. I have listed just a few for you below.
- Decreased resting heart rate.
- Improved circulation.
- Decreased cholesterol.
- Reduced risk of heart disease.
- Reduced blood pressure.
- More efficient breathing.
- Increased metabolism.
Stairs – Fun no Gym Exercise #4
- Aim for a moderate routine of 15-30 minutes of stair climbing, three days a week.
- Start by doing a 5-minute brisk walk to the steps where your workout will be.
- Walk up the steps as fast as you can, pumping your arms and getting your heart rate up.
- Walk down and repeat for 15-30 minutes as stated above.
All the above workouts should be fun and not add stress to your day. Moving your body daily is a great habit to create. Remember to stretch and warm-up and cool-down properly.
As always, leave me a comment. How do you find fun ways to exercise without a gym.
Yours in health.