Doing laundry while travelling is probably not your idea of vacation fun. Here are some tips to make DIY laundry quick and easy so you can get it done and get back to your vacation.
Laundry Tip #1: Keep your dirty and clean clothes separate in your travel suitcase
- Pack a travel-sized laundry bag or packing cube to put your dirty clothes in until you’re ready to do laundry.
- Place a fragrant dryer sheet in the laundry bag to help keep clothes from getting too smelly.
- Another use for a full laundry bag of dirty clothes is to use it as a protector to surround fragile souvenirs. You can also stash valuables in the bag since it’s a place that thieves may not look.
Laundry Tip #2: Hand wash clothes in your hotel room sink
- Pack these items in your travel laundry kit: laundry soap sheets, stain stick, drain plug, and travel clothesline.
- Set the plug in the sink drain and fill the sink with water and soap. Use the stain stick as needed. Let dirty clothing soak for about 15 minutes and then rinse.
- If you have little time, take your dirty clothes in the shower with you and launder them with your shampoo.
Laundry Tip #3: Get your travel laundry to dry quickly
- Roll your wet clothes in a towel to squeeze out the excess water.
- Place your travel clothesline near the hotel room’s heater, or air conditioning unit to speed drying. If you don’t have a clothesline, try hanging your items on a clothes hanger.
- In low humidity climates, you can hang wet clothing outside on a balcony or patio but secure it with travel-sized clothespins.
Laundry Tip #4: Pack travel clothes that make laundering easier
- Clothing and socks made of merino wool will absorb odors so you can wear them multiple days before needing to wash them.
- Bring quick drying clothing and underwear made of polyester or nylon which will dry quicker than other fabrics.
- Before your trip, wash travel clothing that may bleed so the dyes don’t run while you’re hand-washing.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss out on our travel tips. We follow safety, current travel trends, explore the unknown, and do all we can to get you where you need to be conveniently and safely. Life is an adventure, we have to explore it all!